Sunday, April 10, 2011

handmade

i had been brainstorming for a photo series, and also writing that self portrait poem, referring to myself as "tactile and colorful but still sensellita (a word jason's family used to describe me when we first started dating... means like simple one - not too "done up" or fancy... down to earth)" so i decided to document a week's worth of my little accessories - afterwards looking back and realizing i have an affinity for all things handmade (who knew? ;)
<---- a super-colorful frayed flower pin i bought on etsy
one of my favorite pieces i've made - can't bear to post it in my shop to sell cause i love it & wear it so often :)
*closeup below - it's a paper flower in a found metal gaskety thing :)







<--- lovin' the red & purple for some reason right now; earrings made by a friend

<---HUGE flower in my hair - it was on one of my Christmas presents this year (thanks Joanne :)



below: i had to be the "marshal" at heather's birthday murder mystery dinner, so i made a makeshift cowboy hat & badge :)















a pendant i made (found object, moss, beeswax)

kristi got me this ring on etsy for christmas

and this necklace was bought on etsy by ashley for my birthday! they know me so well :)












my "beauty" fabric cuff i made when i was making cuffs for gifts for christmas - had to make one for myself too!!! ;) this one has gone through the wash 'cause joey puked on it when he got carsick on the way up the mountain last month (ew.)










i guess i'm less "sensellita" than used to be... but i really feel like it's truly ME as i make and wear these little pieces of beauty

No comments: