Monday, June 4, 2012

poetry



The fern, it curls itself
Into the shape of my love
People ask me what it is
But I don’t tell them – not really
They think it’s a scorpion
Or some other many-legged thing
But, no.
All resin and wire
A bird winging its way behind
The wood grain
It holds eight years
Houses the memory
Of a day all soft and lovely
Resting on my chest

the assignment was to write a sonnet about a beloved "talisman"...
not sure i really have something like that, so i kept it simple and abstract :)
thankful for...
56. canvaschild, thelifeartist, anamcara, aholyexperience... that breathe truth to my jesus-seeker-lover-artist soul
57. a community i can engage with more than once a week
58. a husband who cares enough about the deep-heart-things of life to work through the sucky conversations it takes to get there
59. art awakening my soul to its long-lost shape and to the desire to create and love
60. kicks that are more than flutters - moving my belly visibly and warning of the active-boy that is to come!
61. the chance to sit quietly in a coffee shop and read, write, flip through art magazines
62. painting alongside joey
63. eight months of finally (after 2+ years) sleeping through the night before baby #2 comes
64. an invitation to fight for the hearts of women
65. the details - lace on a top, embossed tiny flowers on a mug, a flower in the hair

1 comment:

travelblogue said...

Your poems aren't abstract to me ;) Loved it. I am actually so affirmed through your writing.... mwahh