Friday, January 11, 2013

Advent Windows, part 3 (the end)

the words on the pages from the rest of my altered book advent window pages for the month (i didn't get as far as making them art):

day 14: PERMIT

gentle

edged in a little closer to hear
noticed my fire
permit
permit
permit

(seriously - that word was on there 3 times! on just the next page in the book! #secretmessage for sure)

day 15: INVITE

now 
learn how to be
the big wide dare
rest
paint a little.

day 16: SOAK

"We'll do that right now."
some paint and a little brush
good for melody, a tune or two
kind of dreamy-like chase

day 17: MOVE

this was another profound day for me. i immediately resisted the word when i drew it in the morning, as all i was wanting to do was sit and drink coffee, and my first thought when i saw it was "exercise, ew." but then i watched this video. and i got out joey's drums and tambourine and harmonica and started MOVE-ing! turned on a little gungor and danced and sang and beat that drum and played that harmonica. it was amazingly refreshing and i drew near in worship. the first song that played begins with the lyrics 

"my soul cries out, my soul cries out for you... 
these bones cry out, these dry bones cry for you - to live and MOVE" 
yes, please.

i carried the harmonica around with me all day, playing (delightfully horribly) along with the radio... i even demoed it for my sister in a store (which she did not appreciate, giving me the "put that thing away! i can't take you anywhere!" look - haha, sorry sis.)

and then, unbelievably, the next page in my book had harmonica-playing in it!?

had his new mouth harp
and began to play
{danced} side to side, listening
tried two or three times to pick up the tunes
sense the window

big shadows swinging along

and excerpts from days 18-31 (i didn't even get as far as labeling the pages with the day's word:

first gray light 
on a cold trail

firelight dreams uncorked

songbird
long silvery call

baying, fresh and strong
wings

mighty lonesome and out of heart
shame, my own

the next day, wide and white (this was christmas eve, which amused me)

forlorn in the afternoon, facing you
morning razor-change toward somebody chasing them

i wish these days young

wind swept over me, lifted my head

yellowish eyes in the daylight

"on fear and God" 
(some more refining in the process of getting to the point of starting my new blog)
i didn't move
i looked at the rock again, a glance
more scared than ever
it came to me then how alone i was
fear, a cold ball
near it, i guard myself, but i never leap
solid rock,
my life,
tangled together and fighting in mid-air
the surface coming
i hit the water and was deep under




1 comment:

Mary Brack said...

I enjoyed reading your posts about your Advent art journal I really appreciate how open you are in sharing what God is doing in you through this process. I have found art journaling to be an incredible time of encountering God and listening to His voice as He draws my voice out in my art. I hope you continue to art journal and share your journey! Your journal is so creative!