Sunday, August 28, 2011

why does lying in bed awake at night inspire me so much?! it’s then that so many ideas for creating and writing start pouring out! it’s not JUST the time of day, cause if i was UP during those hours, i would not feel the same… probably because i would still be trying to fit as many things as possible into my day – all the organizing, reading, sorting, cleaning, learning that’s been on my to do list all day. but once i’m in bed, i’m not doing my “to-do”s anymore. i’m lying still, resting… and i guess my inspiration has a chance to catch up with me (on those rare nights that i don’t hit the bed already asleep from the exhaustion of the day).

like tonight, my mind was just going wherever, and i remembered the fact that the only 2 doctors who have ever put a scalpel to me were both born in Colombia ON THE SAME DAY. weird. somehow they ended up here in the same practice. one did my c-section, and one released my gallbladder… so then stream of consciousness, i thought, “and my father-in-law’s Colombian”… and tonight when we were deciding what to do, we talked about the movie theater, and the movie Colombiana that’s playing right now, and i immediately remembered the “colombiana” soda we were drinking this afternoon! such a strange assortment of events to all come together in one night in one mind. after this, i also realized that this means my son is a fourth Colombian (my husband being half), a fourth Argentinian, and the other half (my half) EuroAmerican mutt… oh, my stream of consciousness (and, yes, even at this late hour, i do realize that this is probably not exciting to anyone but me ;)

and on that note, here's some shots of "the little details" of another time that i got to stop and relax and allow the present to catch up with me, take in life, enjoy beauty... our anniversary trip to catalina (if you want to see my outfits from that trip, and my handsome husband, go here)
















don't you love the little details? a kiss, a silhouette, a reflection, an amazing compilation of color and shape and rust and sky in that last shot...
ps. i just discovered how to update to the new version of blogger, so post should be better formatted in the future :) it wouldn't let me fix this one though...

No comments: