Wednesday, September 7, 2011

some news (not pregnant)...!

omg!! 
i am a semifinalist in the Cloth Paper Scissors Artisan Search 2012! 
(my all-time favorite art magazine)

 i entered this last year in three of the five categories, fully expecting to be chosen... and was a little crushed when i wasn't. i didn't make a lot of art for a while after that, and didn't blog for over 5 months! blogged about it a bit here. i guess i need to learn how to deal with disappointment a little better... ;) but anyways, THIS year, i knew not to get my hopes up - a lot of great artists enter, and a lot of them have been creating much longer than me... but i'm in!! i entered 3 categories again this year: mixed media jewelry, art journal and bookmaking, and collage and assemblage. 

they posted the 5 semifinalists in each of the 5 categories today, and i'm in TWO!! WHAT?! so cool. 
you've already seen the art journal pages, since i posted them here earlier this year (the last two with the model girls, and the "known" one were my entry :) i'll keep you posted - i have to send all my six pieces (the other 3 are my flower jewelry - i need to do a quick photo shoot with them to post on my other blog before i send them off to massachusetts!) in by the first week of october!  exciting times! :)

No comments: