Monday, April 12, 2010

my community








i have been thinking that i need people in my life. people besides my husband and my baby. i need "community" with like-minded people... so... i invited a bunch of my facebook friends to join an ArtsyCrafty Club, hosted by me, and come play! we had our first meeting thursday night and it was SO fun :) everyone who came has also come to my birthday parties in the past, and they love me... and i was so rejuvenated at the end of the night! i don't know if it was that or the iced tea, but i couldn't fall asleep that night 'cause i felt so happy - happy to have spent time with people that care about me (and vice versa), happy to be creating... we did a "mixed - media recipe card swap" for our first evening together. here are some of the results!






meanwhile, jason took joey to the doctor and came home with antibiotics :( he has an ear infection and some "chest congestion" left over from his cold a couple weeks ago. he was acting weird for a few days after this, so we stopped giving him the cough medicine... and i think he's back to himself now...




(i think most of the people actually came to see joey, so they were glad when he showed up before they left ;) here, he's attacking lynda's face and pulling up his shirt at the same time - check out that chub! ha!



No comments: